June 28-30, 2013
The Max-Planck-UBC Centre for Quantum Materials will host a workshop
“Scanning Probe Microscopy for the Study of Quantum Materials”
which will be held at the University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, on June 28 – 30, 2013.
Registration and abstract submission are now open!
Please visit the workshop website at: http://www.phas.ubc.ca/~ypennec/STMworkshop.html.
The core aim of this workshop is to bring together leading experimentalists and theoreticians to present and discuss/debate recent advances in condensed matter physics as seen through the lens of an SPM. The secondary objective is to offer a set of introductory tutorials aimed at educating students at the graduate level and researchers unfamiliar with the field. The workshop is centered around, but not limited to, the following topics:
• High-resolution spectroscopy
• Advanced Instrumentation
• Quasi particle interference
• High-temperature superconductivity
• Molecules at surfaces
• Spin-polarized SPM
• Ultrafast time resolved SPM
Contributed talks and posters are invited.
• Peter Thalmeier, MPI Dresden
• Werner Hofer, University of Liverpool
• Lilia Boeri, MPI Stuttgart
• Nicolas Lorente, CIN2 Barcelona
• Dirk Sander, MPI Halle
• Johannes V. Barth, TUM Munich
• Peter Wahl, MPI Stuttgart
• Tetsuo Hanaguri, Riken Tokyo
• Sebastian Loth, MPI CFEL MPI Hamburg
• Christian Ast, MPI Stuttgart
This event is preceded by the Max-Planck-UBC workshop “From Quantum Matter to Quantum Information” (June 24 – 27), organized jointly by the Quantum Matter Institute of UBC and the Max-Planck Institute for Solid State Research Stuttgart, Germany. (http://www.qi.ubc.ca/qmqi.html)